Home School Link Worker - Lucy Cray (HT site) and Samantha Allan (PD site)
Working together to support children, young people, and their families
Our aim is to support families and encourage all children to enjoy school and feel happy and secure.
We are members of the East Guildford Confederation Home School Link Worker team and available to provide support for children, parents and carers. We are a link between home and school, and an ongoing contact as children move from school to school.
During term time we work in partnership with parents/carers, schools and other agencies to support families, aiming to resolve current issues and prevent future difficulties.
The Confederation offers parenting support programmes for a range of ages and needs. In addition a one to one counselling service is available to all parents.
We can help
- children who are experiencing difficult times or are withdrawn or anxious
- parents/carers experiencing difficulties with their child’s behaviour
- families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- parents/carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or who have been excluded
- parents/carers who may need support on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties.
We can also
- help with links between you and school
- support you at school meetings
- help you find your way through the education system
- guide you towards other sources of help, advice and support
- provide information on support groups for parents/carers
How do I contact the Home School Link Worker?
Parents/carers, schools and children can ask us to become involved. With your consent we will explore the difficulties your child or family is experiencing and together try to find the best way forward.
Contact me by:
- completing a referral form and hand into the school office in an envelope For the Attention of the Home School Link Worker, marked “Private”
- email Lucy at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07500 663277
- or Samantha email@example.com or telephone 07766 316891
What can I expect?
Your HSLW will fill in a referral form with you. We will always obtain your consent before initiating contact with your child. We are able to offer a confidential service regarding personal issues. If necessary we would seek your permission to share the information with staff at the school or with other agencies. Should a Child Protection issue be identified we are legally bound to follow Government Guidelines.